The College Archive has received a fantastic donation from a family in New Zealand. It includes over a dozen sports team photographs and several house photographs from Wilson’s House, dating to the 1920s and 1930s.
During its 15 year existence, Wilson’s House carved itself a legendary reputation for sporting excellence. While Wilson’s House and its sporting achievements have now sadly passed out of living memory, its legacy can be seen in our collection of House photographs and other records.
The donated photographs of Wilson’s House’s various sports teams bring to life to its short-lived, but legendary, reputation for sporting prowess.
As well as the photographs, also included in the donation is a House dinner menu from 1935, featuring a beautiful illustration on the front cover, toast lists, and signatures from attendees. Also included is a housemaster’s logbook, with handwritten descriptions of Wilson’s House pupils.
This donation is now safely stored in the archive, catalogued, and placed with our existing records from Wilson’s House. Many significant gaps within this collection have now been filled by this incredibly generous donation.