It is 10 years since Hannah (Fe. 2000-05) graduated from Brighton College, now 'grown-up' and helping us to organise a reunion for her yeargroup this September, we caught up with Hannah to see what has happened in the decade since leaving the College...
- When you were at Brighton College, what did you want to be when you ‘grew-up’?
I wasn’t really sure! I thought about a few careers – law, PR and writing before abandoning all of them and running away to the mountains to do my ski instructor training instead!
- What are you now you've grown up?
Sadly my career as a ski instructor was shortlived after a run in with a gully so it was off to Uni and a variety of communications jobs before I joined K2 Intelligence in February 2015.
- What was the best piece of advice you were given?
Not so much advice but my English teacher used to write – So what?! – on a lot of my essay’s. It’s something I find myself using on a daily basis in my professional life!
- What do you do /did you do as a career?
At the moment I work for K2 Intelligence, an investigations consultancy with a global footprint.
- What does your job involve?
As head of UK marketing and business development I spend a lot of time focused on developing the UK practice and finding new clients.
- What have you done that you are most proud of?
When I was at Brighton college my springboard diving achievements were always something I was proud of. As a grown up I’m still competing at masters level which is fun!
- What are the three objects you would take with you to a desert island?
A lot of sun-cream an ipod and a good book.